Welcome to Troop 58!
You have made a great decision to be a part of Scouting in Davidson...Welcome to Troop 58!!
New Member Checklist:
(1) Complete an online youth application:
- If you are transferring from another scouting unit, DO NOT use the above link.
- The application website will indicate a balance is due, please pay this balance for National registration.
(2) Pay Membership dues via Payments Page. Dues include scout registration, Boy's Life Magazine subscription, Class-B shirt, and Neckerchief.
(3) Complete a full BSA Health Form, (Parts A, B, and C) which includes a physical exam by a certified medical practitioner. Bring the health form and a copy of current immunization records to the troop meeting
(4) Review and complete Troop 58 Discipline Policy and Code of Conduct and turn into Membership Chair or Scoutmaster.
Code of Conduct
(5) Complete the Troop 58 Contact Information Form and turn into Membership Chair or Scoutmaster.
Contact Information Form
(6) Purchase Class-A Scout uniform (except the neckerchief) and Scout Handbook (you can get the handbook here). Uniform costs are responsibility of each Scout family. You need to purchase the following items: Shirt, Pants, Socks, Belt, Slide, Shoulder Loops, Unit Numbers (58), Council Patch, World Crest Ring. Note: the Neckerchief and Patrol Patch will be provided by the troop.
The scout shop can help you get everything you need:
(7) Upon registration, you will also be provided a Class-B uniform shirt. Just let us know what size you need.
Transferring Scouts from another Troop:
Please complete transfer form and bring it to Scoutmaster, Chris Zangara and Membership Chair, Greta Wolff for approval. A new BSA Youth Application Form must also be completed.
Greta Wolff, Membership Chair